Re: [HACKERS] I've got it, now should I commit it? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] I've got it, now should I commit it?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> A note for anyone testing the new code: the hashtable size (which is now
>> a target estimate, not a hard limit) is now driven by the postmaster's
>> -S switch, not the -B switch.

> I see no documenation that -B was ever used for hash size.

Er, did I say anything about documentation?

The code *was* using NBuffers to size the hashtable, whether or not
that was ever documented anywhere except in the "hash table out of
memory. Use -B parameter to increase buffers" message.  Now it uses
the SortMem variable.

I do have it on my to-do list to update the relevant documentation.
(Yo, Thomas: what's the deadline for 6.5 doco changes?  I've got a bunch
of doc to-dos that I suspect I'd better get moving on...)