Re: GiST insert algorithm rewrite - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: GiST insert algorithm rewrite
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 21.12.2010 20:00, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> One final version, with a bug fix wrt. root page split and some cleanup.
>> I'm planning to commit this before Christmas. It's a big patch, so
>> review would be much appreciated.

> Committed. Phew! Review & testing is of course still appreciated, given
> how big and complicated this was.

I just found out that the "benchmark" test script in
contrib/intarray/bench/ crashes HEAD in gistdoinsert() --- it looks like
it's trying to pop to a stack entry that isn't there.

Run it per the instructions in the intarray documentation:

$ createdb TEST
$ psql TEST < ../_int.sql
$ ./create_test.pl | psql TEST
CREATE TABLE
CREATE TABLE
CREATE INDEX
CREATE INDEX
server closed the connection unexpectedly       This probably means the server terminated abnormally       before or
whileprocessing the request.

connection to server was lost

The script generates randomized data, so possibly it won't fail every
time, but it failed three out of three times for me.  The changes I'm
about to commit in intarray don't seem to make any difference.