Re: PGXS: REGRESS_OPTS=--load-language=plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PGXS: REGRESS_OPTS=--load-language=plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Attached is a draft patch (no doc changes) that implements CREATE OR
>> REPLACE LANGUAGE

> How is pg_migrator affected by this?  It always loads the the dump as
> the super-user.  How will the pg_dump use CREATE OR REPLACE LANGUAGE?

pg_dump would issue "CREATE OR REPLACE LANGUAGE plpgsql" which would
succeed just fine, since it'd be issued by a superuser.

I think the potential downsides of that are significantly smaller than
having a special case that excludes plpgsql altogether --- for one
example, it would still succeed in a custom installation that had been
changed so that plpgsql wasn't installed by default.

BTW, another problem I just noticed with the current kluge is that it
fails to transfer any nondefault permissions that might have been
attached to plpgsql.