Re: BUG #11335: an invalid prepare statement causes crash at log_statement = 'mod' or 'ddl'. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #11335: an invalid prepare statement causes crash at log_statement = 'mod' or 'ddl'.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Agreed (and commented offlist. Which probably was a mistake).

>> This has not been reverted yet. Wouldn't it be better to do that asap?

> Probably not until someone codes a better fix.  I have it on my plate
> to look into a better fix, but I've been horribly busy lately.

I've applied a fix that takes the approach of explicitly testing for
null plancache->raw_parse_tree whereever necessary.  There were at least
two places where there was no such test before; I think they are probably
unreachable with an empty query (because no replanning could ever be
needed) but it seems best to be consistent.

            regards, tom lane