Re: Porting PG Extension from UNIX to Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Lakhin
Subject Re: Porting PG Extension from UNIX to Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
25.04.2018 11:45, insaf.k wrote:
I've done some research regarding compiling in Windows. I am not sure in what way I should compile the extension. AFAIK, Visual Studio is not POSIX compliant and so I'll have to rewrite all those POSIX calls using Windows API. So it's better to compile the extension in Cygwin.

I have some questions regarding compiling the extension in Cygwin. Do I have to build PG in Cygwin, if I want to compile the extension in Cygwin?
I think it might depend on the extension, but we have managed to use mingw-compiled extension with VS-compiled PG. Please look at the demo script:
https://pastebin.com/3jQahYNe
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

------
Alexander Lakhin
The Russian Postgres Company