Re: parallel foreign scan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Manuel Kniep
Subject Re: parallel foreign scan
Date
List pgsql-hackers

I think you are trying collecting data from multple kafka
server. This means each server has a dedicate foreign table on a
dedicate foreign server. Parallel execution doesn't fit in that
case since it works on single base relation (or a
table). Parallel append/merge append look a bit different but
actually is the same in the sense that one base relation is
scanned on multiple workers. Even if you are trying to fetch from
one kafka stream on multiple workers, I think the fdw driver
doesn't support parallel scanning anyway.

Well my idea was to to scan multiple partitions from a single kafka
server / topic  in parallel.
I’ll will look into your suggestion to set up partial paths

regards

Manuel