Re: pgsql: Support partition pruning at execution time - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Support partition pruning at execution time
Date
List pgsql-committers
> I then noticed that support for nfiltered3 was incomplete; hence 0001.
> (I then noticed that nfiltered3 was added for MERGE.  It looks wrong to
> me.)

In that case, it's likely to go away when Simon reverts MERGE.  Suggest
you hold off committing until he's done so, as he probably already has
some conflicts to deal with and doesn't need another.

> Frankly, I don't like this.  I would rather have an instrument->ntuples2
> rather than these "divide this by nloops, sometimes" schizoid counters.
> This is already being misused by ON CONFLICT (see "other_path" in
> show_modifytable_info).  But it seems like a correct fix would require
> more code.

The question then becomes whether to put back nfiltered3, or to do
something more to your liking.  Think I'd vote for the latter.

            regards, tom lane