Re: Huge pages not working on PG 9.4 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Huge pages not working on PG 9.4
Date
List pgsql-admin
Michael Heaney <mheaney@jcvi.org> writes:
>> FATAL:  huge pages not supported on this platform

> <sigh>  Nope, that didn't make any difference.  Since I compile my own
> binary,
> I'm wondering if there's something that 'configure' didn't set properly.

A quick look at the PG source code says that that message means that
MAP_HUGETLB isn't defined.  Our code is expecting <sys/mman.h> to provide
that symbol, which it should do by default according to what I can see on
my RHEL 6.6 box.  Perhaps you've defined some of the feature restriction
macros like _POSIX_SOURCE?

            regards, tom lane