Re: pg_dump warnings - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump warnings
Date
List pgsql-general
> v.demartino2@virgilio.it wrote:
>> pg_dump: WARNING: owner of table "atecu91" appears to be invalid
>> pg_dump: WARNING: owner of table "letture24btdom" appears to be invalid

> Who owns tables "atecu91" and "letture24btdom" on the FreeBSD box?

Evidently nobody.  Postgres doesn't currently stop you from dropping a
user who owns tables (Alvaro is working on fixing that for 8.1, though).

These warnings aren't fatal by any means, but if you want to get rid of
them, you can either reassign the tables to some other user (see ALTER
TABLE OWNER), or resurrect the original owner, taking care to give him
the same "usesysid" as before (CREATE USER joe WITH SYSID nnn).  The
hard part is to determine what that sysid was; I think you'd need to do
something like SELECT relowner FROM pg_class WHERE relname = 'atecu91'.

            regards, tom lane