Re: src/port/getopt_long.c lossy with arguments having no option characters - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: src/port/getopt_long.c lossy with arguments having no option characters
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> The implementation of getopt_long in src/port has some limitations,
> for example such commands do not work but they should:

No, those should not work.  You're too used to versions that don't insist
on switches-before-non-switch-arguments.  Such behavior is an extension
that is not standard, is not documented in any Postgres documentation,
and tends to have bad corner-case behaviors.  I don't feel a need to make
our implementation replicate that.

            regards, tom lane