Re: postgres crash on CURSORS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: postgres crash on CURSORS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
>> From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]

> Unfortunately I've never used multiple query and understand
> little about it. For example,how to know using libpq that the first
> select was ignored ?

If you use PQexec then you can't really tell, because you'll only get
back the last command's result.  If you use PQsendQuery/PQgetResult
then you'll get back multiple PGresults from a multi-query string, and
you can examine each one to see if it was executed or not.