Re: Don't pass NULL pointer to strcmp(). - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Don't pass NULL pointer to strcmp().
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Xing Guo <higuoxing@gmail.com> writes:
> There're extensions that set their boot_val to NULL. E.g., postgres_fdw

Hmm ... if we're doing it ourselves, I suppose we've got to consider
it supported :-(.  But I'm still wondering how many seldom-used
code paths didn't get the message.  An example here is that this
could lead to GetConfigOptionResetString returning NULL, which
I think is outside its admittedly-vague API spec.