Re: template0 needing vacuum freeze? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: template0 needing vacuum freeze?
Date
Re: template0 needing vacuum freeze?  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general
Don Seiler <don@seiler.us> writes:
> On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 1:40 AM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>
> wrote:
>> Perhaps autovacuum never handled "template0" because it concluded (rightly)
>> that it has to deal with "foo_db" first.

> Yes this DB had a table in it that had been autovacuuming since Feb 2. It's
> age is half way to wraparound so I'm in the middle of a manual VACUUM
> FREEZE on it. I'd be interested in knowing if that prevents template0 from
> autovacuuming itself. There are no other autovacuum jobs running.

I think we did put in a change that would prevent any one database from
completely consuming autovacuum's attention, even in wraparound-hazard
situations.  Don't recall when.

Do you have an idea why autovac was failing to clear the issue on that one
problem table, though?

            regards, tom lane