Re: [ADMIN] how to find transaction associated with a lock - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [ADMIN] how to find transaction associated with a lock
Date
List pgsql-general
Si Chen <schen@graciousstyle.com> writes:
> Thanks for your help last week.  I had the problem again where things
> got hung up during a transaction, and it was at the order_header table.
> Here is what the pg_locks show.  Does it confirm what you are saying,
> which is that multiple transactions have tried to insert into this table?

It's impossible to tell much of anything from a partial view of the
pg_locks table.  You didn't show us the "granted" flag, so we can't
tell which rows represent held locks and which represent waited-for
locks; and you didn't show transaction locks at all, which are probably
where the issue really is anyway.

            regards, tom lane