Re: 7.3b1 installation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.3b1 installation
Date
Re: 7.3b1 installation  (Jeff Davis <list-pgsql-general@empires.org>)
List pgsql-general
Jeff Davis <list-pgsql-general@empires.org> writes:
> The configure script had a problem when I added "--with-java": it said "ant
> doesn't work". I don't know a lot about java, so that could be a problem with
> my configuration.

IIRC we now require ant 1.5 to build JDBC.  I would have thought you'd
get a more helpful message than that, though, if you have ant but it's
out of date.  Do you have reason to think your ant should be working
(have you used it for anything else)?

> I also encountered another error that said:
> "./bin/psql: relocation error: ./bin/psql: undefined symbol:
> pg_encoding_to_char", however I am unable to reproduce the error.

The usual cause of this sort of problem is psql trying to link to a
non-compatible libpq.so, specifically a non-multibyte-enabled libpq
when psql was compiled with multibyte enabled.  I suppose that your
dynamic link path was such that a 7.2 libpq was being found, and that
the problem went away when you either fixed the link path or installed
the 7.3 libpq.so.

            regards, tom lane