7.3b1 installation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Davis
Subject 7.3b1 installation
Date
List pgsql-general
I downloaded the 7.3b1 as soon as Marc said that he packaged it (I don't know
whether that is something that's encouraged or not; a developer might let me
know about that).

The configure script had a problem when I added "--with-java": it said "ant
doesn't work". I don't know a lot about java, so that could be a problem with
my configuration. I just removed that option and then continued. I think it
may have something to do with not being able to find the "build.xml" file.

I also encountered another error that said:
"./bin/psql: relocation error: ./bin/psql: undefined symbol:
pg_encoding_to_char", however I am unable to reproduce the error. It may have
had something to do with improperly shutting down the postmaster at some
point. I originally composed this email because of that error, but in the
process of creating a clean example with good analysis, the problem vanished
(after essentially deleting everything and starting over). I apologize for
not being able to provide more information about it, but perhaps it's
something worth looking into. If there is any more information I can provide
(hopefully that wasn't deleted in the process), let me know.

Thanks to all the developers for all their hard work!

Best Regards,
    Jeff Davis