Re: 7.3b1 installation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: 7.3b1 installation
Date
Re: 7.3b1 installation  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general

> IIRC we now require ant 1.5 to build JDBC.  I would have thought you'd
> get a more helpful message than that, though, if you have ant but it's
> out of date.  Do you have reason to think your ant should be working
> (have you used it for anything else)?

I have ant 1.5 already.
----
$ ant -version
Apache Ant version 1.5 compiled on July 11 2002
----
however, you're right, I don't know that it's working, because I don't really
use it. I do know, however, that it's installed from a debian package (from
"unstable"), so I consider that some reason to think that it's working. If
you want me to run a quick test case I will.

When I run "./configure --with-java" I get:
----
checking whether /usr/bin/ant works... no
configure: error: ant does not work
----

> The usual cause of this sort of problem is psql trying to link to a
> non-compatible libpq.so, specifically a non-multibyte-enabled libpq
> when psql was compiled with multibyte enabled.  I suppose that your
> dynamic link path was such that a 7.2 libpq was being found, and that
> the problem went away when you either fixed the link path or installed
> the 7.3 libpq.so.

Yeah, I suppose I did something wrong the first time. I seem to remember going
through most of the same steps, however.

Regards,
    Jeff