Re: Timestamp/hstore query? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brent Wood
Subject Re: Timestamp/hstore query?
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks for your reply,

The table is essentially:
create table readings (timer    timestamp primary key,
                       readings  hstore);

the hstore comprises (<sensor_id> <reading>) key/value pairs for readings taken at the time specified in the timestamp.

eg:  "67" "-45.67436", "68" "176.5424" could be key/value pairs representing latitude & longitude, with a timestamp in the timer column.

There would be several lat/lon hstore pairs in a given minute, the query I want would return the last one in the timeseries for that minute (for each key).

I don't think your examples will give me the separate hstore key-value pairs, extracted as the last in the interval for each key & reassembled as an hstore list in the result. The sensor id is the hstore key, as described above, not a separate attribute. That said, the keys can be extracted from the hstore much like a column, but I'm not sure that is the best approach.

Treating each set of hstores in an interval as an array & extracting the last elements may be viable. But I['m not sure how...