Re: Add dblink function to check if a named connection exists - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Add dblink function to check if a named connection exists
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tommy Gildseth <tommy.gildseth@usit.uio.no> writes:
> One obvious disadvantage of this approach, is that I need to connect and
> disconnect in every function. A possible solution to this, would be
> having a function f.ex dblink_exists('connection_name') that returns
> true/false depending on whether the  connection already exists.

Can't you do this already?
SELECT 'myconn' = ANY (dblink_get_connections());

A dedicated function might be a tad faster, but it probably isn't going
to matter compared to the overhead of sending a remote query.