psql: could not create socket: - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From sudhakar@ncb.ernet.in (Krishna Sudha)
Subject psql: could not create socket:
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello

I have the same problem, discussed earlier in the groups, but not even
able to solve it and run psql/creatdb etc., of postgres. I have tried
uncommenting the TCPIP_SOCKET=True and port= lines in the
postgressql.conf inside my data directory.

I am not using cygwin too on windows environment. But my database
server gets up and running.

Here is the screen shot of interactions with
postgresSQL-------------------

D:\POSTGR~1\AUROVI~1>pg_ctl start -D Aurovi
postmaster successfully started

D:\POSTGR~1\AUROVI~1>psql -d Aurovi
psql: could not create socket: An address incompatible with the
requested
protocol was used.(0x0000273F)

An earlier reponse will help me out to get started and going ahead
with my application.

Thanx a lot
Krishna Sudha