Re: Vacuum return codes (vacuum as db integrity check?) - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Vacuum return codes (vacuum as db integrity check?)
Date
List pgsql-admin
"Stephane Charette" <stephanecharette@telus.net> writes:
> The error received when we run "vacuumdb" is:

> -> ERROR:  Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index
> pg_class_oid_index

That's pretty interesting.  My first thought is a corrupt index.
Please try reindexing pg_class.  You'll need to do this in a standalone
backend --- read the REINDEX reference page carefully.

> In our case, we are using 7.2 on a linux 2.2.14 kernel.  Binaries were
> downloaded via RPM directly from RedHat.

7.2?  You should be using 7.2.3.

            regards, tom lane