Re: Requesting external_pid_file with postgres -C when not initialized lead to coredump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Requesting external_pid_file with postgres -C when not initialized lead to coredump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
alain radix <alain.radix@gmail.com> writes:
> Another effect of the patch is that it become possible to start a cluster
> with external_pid_file='' in postgresql.conf
> It would have that same behavior as many other parameters.

I'd still be inclined to do that with something along the lines of

-    if (external_pid_file)
+    if (external_pid_file && external_pid_file[0])

rather than changing the default per se.