Re: initdb failure - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Pankaj Mandal (pmandal)
Subject Re: initdb failure
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Peter,

First I create the user postgres using the createuser.exe script.
After that I run the following scripts from postgres installer in the
order listed below. In between I do have checks to make sure the
previous commands returned
0 exit code and that database server did start successfully before
trying to load modules etc.

initcluster.vbs
startupcfg.vbs
createshortcuts.vbs
startserver.vbs
loadmodules.vbs

This pretty much seems to work on about half a dozen other machines
where I have tested it. Meaning the data directory gets initialized
properly,
Servers start properly and modules get loaded correctly and later I am
able to create database and execute SQL as well.

On this one machine (Windows 2000 server) I get this problem, which
results in unsuccessful install.
I also get another error message as posted in the forum
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2010-04/msg00097.php
With all the installs but that does not seem to cause any problem to my
application so far.

Thanks
Pankaj