Re: experiences with autocommit functionality in 7.3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: experiences with autocommit functionality in 7.3
Date
Re: experiences with autocommit functionality in 7.3  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Barry Lind <barry@xythos.com> writes:
> Below is the current behavior (based on a fresh pull from cvs this morning):
> Current State               Action            End State
> ACon and NIT                set ACon          ACon and NIT
>                              set ACoff         ACoff and IT*

Bruce was supposed to fix this.  We agreed that a SET command would
never initiate a transaction block on its own.  Looks like it's not
there yet --- but IMHO the behavior should be

ACon and NIT                set ACon          ACon and NIT                            set ACoff         ACoff and NIT
ACon and IT                 set ACon          ACon and IT                            set ACoff         ACoff and IT*
ACon and IT*                set ACon          ACon and IT*                            set ACoff         ACoff and IT
ACoff and NIT               set ACon          ACon and NIT                            set ACoff         ACoff and NIT
ACoff and IT                set ACon          ACon and IT*                            set ACoff         ACoff and IT
ACoff and IT*               set ACon          ACon and IT                            set ACoff         ACoff and IT*

Will that resolve your concern?