Re: Not an error but a difficult wording - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Not an error but a difficult wording
Date
List pgsql-docs
Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> writes:
> On Wed, 2023-01-25 at 08:22 +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:
>> Maybe this would be better? (I don't know the comma rules)
>> "because the files(,?) that are generated/processed by these tools(,?) are
>> already included in the tarball"

> +1

> Correct English would be:

>   These tools are not needed to build from a distribution tarball, because
>   the files generated by these tools are included in the tarball.

The existing wording is not incorrect AFAICS, but I agree it's a bit
awkward.  I'd modify one word in your version:

  These tools are not needed to build from a distribution tarball, because
  the files generated using these tools are included in the tarball.

Or possibly "with" instead of "using"?

            regards, tom lane