Re: segmentation fault in psql - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: segmentation fault in psql
Date
List pgsql-bugs
David George <david@onyxsoft.com> writes:
> Here is a backtrace with debug enabled:
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x446cc in putc ()
> #1  0x26748 in print_aligned_text (title=0x0, headers=0x746d0,
> cells=0x746e0, footers=0x746f0, opt_align=0x74700 "l",
>     opt_barebones=0 '\000', opt_border=1, fout=0x68458) at print.c:288

Hmm.  Line 288 is

    fputc(' ', fout);

which is difficult to imagine screwing up.  So it does seem that you
must have library problems.

> I had a thought.  I remember configure checking for sfio (which I actually
> have installed), but it wasn't checking for libstdio.a so I added
> (AC_CHECK_LIB(stdio,     main)) to configure.in right under the sfio check
> and ran autoconf then configure again.  This time I don't get a segfault.

Uh, what are sfio and stdio anyway, and why would we want them?  putc is
in plain old libc in every system I've dealt with.  If you remove both
sfio and stdio from configure, does it work any better?

            regards, tom lane