Re: pg 8.0.1-r3 killls pgadmin3 and phppgadmin - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg 8.0.1-r3 killls pgadmin3 and phppgadmin
Date
List pgsql-general
PFC <lists@boutiquenumerique.com> writes:
>     I've traced it to the following query to get information about the
> database :

> SELECT pdb.datname AS datname, pu.usename AS datowner,
> pg_encoding_to_char(encoding) AS datencoding,
> (SELECT description FROM pg_description pd WHERE pdb.oid=pd.objoid) AS
> datcomment,
> (SELECT spcname FROM pg_catalog.pg_tablespace pt WHERE
> pt.oid=pdb.dattablespace) AS tablespace
>  FROM pg_database pdb, pg_user pu
> WHERE pdb.datdba = pu.usesysid AND NOT pdb.datistemplate
> ORDER BY pdb.datname;

Works for me.

>     This query looks right to me and pg 8.0.0 does it fine, while 8.0.1-r3
> says :
> Error : Unexpected right parenthesis.

Hmm; the only occurrence of that string in the sources is in
nodes/read.c, which AFAIK would never be invoked for a query entered
straight from the client.  What could trigger it would be trying to
read a rule that is misformatted for some reason.  Maybe you have
a damaged pg_user view definition --- does "select * from pg_user"
fail the same way?

            regards, tom lane