Re: reducing postgresql disk space - Mailing list pgsql-general

From paladine
Subject Re: reducing postgresql disk space
Date
List pgsql-general
My PostgreSQL version is 8.1.11.

My log entries are on filesytem and I write these logs to db from unix
stream.
Another interesting situation is that while my logs on filesystem contains
about 5-6 GB,
db directory (/base/OID) contains 40 GB. Is that normal ?

I implement your suggestions by using shell scripts ( when the disk filled
up I delete it from db etc. )