Re: [HACKERS] \if, \elseif, \else, \endif (was Re: PSQL commands: \quit_if, \quit_unless) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] \if, \elseif, \else, \endif (was Re: PSQL commands: \quit_if, \quit_unless)
Date
Re: [HACKERS] \if, \elseif, \else, \endif (was Re: PSQL commands:\quit_if, \quit_unless)  (Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr>)
List pgsql-hackers
Corey Huinker <corey.huinker@gmail.com> writes:
> So moving the conditional stack back into PsqlScanState has some side
> effects: conditional.[ch] have to move to the fe_utils/ dirs, and now
> pgbench, which does not use conditionals, would have to link to them. Is
> that a small price to pay for modularity and easier-to-find code? Or should
> I just tuck it back into psqlscan_int.[ch]?

Pardon me for coming in late, but what in the world has this to do with
the lexer's state at all?  IOW, I don't think I like either of what you're
suggesting ...