Re: Missing errcode() in ereport - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Missing errcode() in ereport
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I think this caused anole to say:

> "reloptions.c", line 1362: error #2042: operand types are incompatible
> ("void" and "int")
>   errdetail_internal("%s", _(optenum->detailmsg)) : 0));

Yeah, I was just looking at that :-(

We could revert the change to have these functions return void,
or we could run around and change the places with this usage
pattern to use "(void) 0" instead of just "0".  The latter would
be somewhat painful if only minority compilers warn, though.
Also, I don't think that having to change ereport usage was part
of the agreed-to plan here ... so I'm leaning to the former.