Re: WIP: Allow SQL-language functions to reference parameters by parameter name - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: WIP: Allow SQL-language functions to reference parameters by parameter name
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Mar 25, 2011, at 9:22 PM, Joshua Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> Also, I don't understand why this would be a dump/reload issue if $1 and $2 continue to work.

> Because an identifier that previously referred unambiguously to a column might now be ambiguous, if there is a
parameterwith the same name.

Yes, a function that previously worked might now throw error, if we make
ambiguous names be errors.  But this is *not* a failure that would occur
during dump/reload.  You'd have to actually run the function.