Re: Implementing standard SQL's DOMAIN constraint [RESOLVED] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron
Subject Re: Implementing standard SQL's DOMAIN constraint [RESOLVED]
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1/2/19 12:05 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Wed, 2 Jan 2019, David G. Johnston wrote:

You add the create domain command once before any objects that make use of
it.

David,

  This is the answer I sought: postgres supports the create domain command.
I did not see this in your first response.

Note that a CHECK constraint with 50 items is a Very Bad Idea, since changing such a constraint is very painful.  Use a FK constraint instead.