postgreSQL not working after upgrade to Ubuntu 10.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From AllieH
Subject postgreSQL not working after upgrade to Ubuntu 10.4
Date
Re: postgreSQL not working after upgrade to Ubuntu 10.4  (Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>)
Re: postgreSQL not working after upgrade to Ubuntu 10.4  (Steve Clark <sclark@netwolves.com>)
Re: postgreSQL not working after upgrade to Ubuntu 10.4  (Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Yesterday I upgraded from Ubuntu 9.10 to 10.4. Unfortunately this has caused
me serious problems with everything related to postgreSQL. It seems as
though the new version of ubuntu is requiring me to use PostgreSQL 8.4
instead of 8.3 which I was previously using. I tried installing 8.4 but I
can't seem to get the database to start. Has anyone had a similar problems?