Re: libpq and prepared statements progress for 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: libpq and prepared statements progress for 8.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
> A bit of context here. The perl DBD::Pg developers are trying to figure out
> how to implement prepared queries sanely. As it stands now they're basically
> writing off both binary prepared queries and SQL based prepared queries as
> basically useless.

Really?

It would be cool if they'd stand up and identify themselves and mention
their concerns to the people who are doing the protocol and libpq work.
I sure haven't ever heard word one from anyone working on DBD::Pg.

I'll restrain myself from any stronger comments...