Re: Memory leaks using refcursors - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: Memory leaks using refcursors
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Tom,

The driver ends up issuing a

fetch all in  <unnamed portal 1>

which if I try to close gives an error

cursor "<unnamed portal 1>" does not exist

so my guess is the portal is gone... what else might be keeping server memory ???

I thought about this and long running transactions and if this were really a problem slony would certainly blow up, as it has transactions that run days.

Dave