Re: Beating Oracle - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Beating Oracle
Date
Has anybody connected with Postgres from visualBasic.NET?  (Oscar Serrano <oserra@fondos.net>)
List pgsql-interfaces
<jtv@xs4all.nl> writes:
>> In any case, I do not think that libpq or libpqxx can or should try to
>> hide this problem from the client.

> Hiding it completely is impossible, but I'd like to help the client in
> trying to cope with it.  And I'm willing to invest some time in trying to
> make that work because IMHO the value to users could be considerable.

Certainly there's value in providing a framework that helps the client
to deal with this.  I was just objecting to what might have been a
misreading of your meaning: it seemed you were saying that libpqxx
solves the problem so the client doesn't have to think about it.
        regards, tom lane