Re: slow query performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: slow query performance
Date
List pgsql-general
"Dave Weaver" <davew@wsieurope.com> writes:
> Is the upgrade likely to make a difference?

I'm not sure if it would help for this specific query, but in general
each major PG release has useful performance improvements over the
previous one.

What I'm wondering about is an index-bloat problem (see the
pgsql-performance archives for discussions).  Do you do a lot of updates
or deletes on this table, or is it just inserts?  What is the physical
size of the table and its index?  The output of VACUUM VERBOSE for this
table would be useful to show.

            regards, tom lane