Re: Decrease in performance with 7.3/optimizing a query - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Decrease in performance with 7.3/optimizing a query
Date
List pgsql-novice
Harry <h3@x-maru.org> writes:
> Previously, with Postgres 7.2.1, this query would take about 10 seconds - not
> exactly speedy, but tolerable. However, since upgrading to 7.3, this query now
> takes about 30 seconds.

Don't suppose you have the query plan that was used in 7.2?  (Though I'd
expect it to be the same, offhand; and it's hard to see how to improve it
given your statements about the data.)

Are you sure 7.3 is configured the same as 7.2?  I'd wonder about
sort_mem and locale setting in particular.  You could be losing just on
the extra sort time needed for a non-C-locale sort.

            regards, tom lane