Re: non-existent user "28" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: non-existent user "28"
Date
List pgsql-general
"Tamsin" <tg_mail@bryncadfan.co.uk> writes:
> I'm not sure how the database got in this state - would this happen when I
> drop & recreate a user?

Yes.  There's no crosscheck to see if you still have active GRANTs for
the user being deleted.  (Which is bad but that's how it is at the moment.)

> Is there something I can do about this?  I couldn't
> see where in the system tables the permission info is stored.

relacl column of pg_class.

My advice would just be to ignore the errors on restore... that's about
the easiest way to get rid of the dead grants while keeping the good ones.

            regards, tom lane