Re: [GENERAL] Re: GMT FATAL: remaining connection slots are reservedfor non-replication superuser connections, but I'm using pgBouncer forconnection pooling - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Re: GMT FATAL: remaining connection slots are reservedfor non-replication superuser connections, but I'm using pgBouncer forconnection pooling
Date
In response to [GENERAL] Re: GMT FATAL: remaining connection slots are reserved fornon-replication superuser connections, but I'm using pgBouncer forconnection pooling  (Lisandro <rostagnolisandro@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 02/28/2017 06:01 AM, Lisandro wrote:
> Thank you Adrian.
>
> Yes, I confirm that all the databases are running in one PostgreSQL
> server/instance. I'm running this version:
> PostgreSQL 9.3.15 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (Ubuntu
> 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.3) 4.8.4, 32-bit
>
> Let me ask: is there a way to monitor the total connections to postgresql
> through time? Or should I make my own script for that? I ask because every
> time the error is thrown, I check the total connections with "select
> count(*) from pg_stat_activity;" but the number is always far from the
> configured max_connections.

I have not used any as my needs are fairly simple. All I can do is point
you at:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Monitoring

Hopefully someone with more experience with this can help you out.

A question I forgot to ask previously:

Is there any app/client that uses the server that is not going through
pgBouncer?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com