Re: COPY for CSV documentation - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: COPY for CSV documentation
Date
Re: COPY for CSV documentation
List pgsql-patches
> That's what I was wondering.  Is triggering CSV for multi-character
> delimiters a little too clever?  This reminds me of the use of LIMIT X,Y
> with no indication which is limit and which is offset.

I agree, this seems risky and not at all readable to someone who doesn't
remember exactly how the parameter is defined.

>> COPY a FROM stdin WITH DELIMITER "," QUOTE '"' EQUOTE '"';
> EQUOTE for embedded quote.

ESCAPE would be better no?  It's already a keyword ...

BTW, don't forget that the syntax options have to be provided in psql's
\copy as well.  Did the patch cover that?

            regards, tom lane