Re: Segmentation Fault - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Segmentation Fault
Date
List pgsql-general
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Poul_M=F8ller_Hansen?= <freebsd@pbnet.dk> writes:
>> Given that you're using duration logging and JDBC, I wonder whether you
>> didn't trip over this recently-identified bug:
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-08/msg00815.php
>> Patch is here:
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-08/msg00278.php

> Sorry but didn't, but I noticed this:
> Also I must notice that the segfault only occur if
> log_min_duration_statement is set to 0

I don't believe that statement actually ... it might have chanced to act
that way in one or two trials for Sergey, but since the bug essentially
consists in access to already-freed-and-perhaps-reused memory, it's not
very predictable whether it will fail visibly or not.  In any case the
problem could occur for any duration-logging attempt.

            regards, tom lane