Re: pgsql/src Makefile.shlib - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql/src Makefile.shlib
Date
List pgsql-committers
> You probably want to define this in Makefile.hpux (compare to
> Makefile.linux for example), unless you want to link *all* shared
> libraries this way.

I tried this and realized that it does not work unless I make
    shlib_symbolic = -Bsymbolic
rather than
    shlib_symbolic = -Wl,-Bsymbolic
as is done on all the other platforms that define this symbol.
Reason: we build shlibs by invoking the linker directly, not
via the compiler, on HPUX.

AFAICT, our practice for the other platforms that invoke the linker
directly is to include options directly into the LINK.shared macro;
see for example the *bsd and sunos4 entries in Makefile.shlib.
These examples are why I added -Bsymbolic to HPUX's LINK.shared in the
first place, and I'm now inclined to leave it that way.  Comments?

            regards, tom lane