Re: Libpq ssl fix - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Libpq ssl fix
Date
List pgsql-patches
Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> writes:
> init_ssl_system  will return 0 on success and -1 on failure, which will
> be interpreted just the other way round in initialize_SSL.
> Patch appended.

Hmm, that looks backwards to me too, but this would seem to imply that
Manfred Spraul failed to test his last patch at all.  Manfred, care to
explain why we shouldn't revert that patch in toto?

    * doc/src/sgml/libpq.sgml, src/backend/libpq/md5.c,
    src/interfaces/libpq/fe-auth.c, src/interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c,
    src/interfaces/libpq/fe-secure.c, src/interfaces/libpq/libpq-fe.h,
    src/interfaces/libpq/libpq-int.h: Add thread locking to SSL and
    Kerberos connections.

    I have removed the docs mentioning that SSL and Kerberos are not
    thread-safe.

    Manfred Spraul

            regards, tom lane