Re: remove psql support for ancient copy syntax - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: remove psql support for ancient copy syntax
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> The attached patch implements Tom's recent suggestion to abandon the
>> undocumented psql support for ancient copy syntax. If there's no
>> objection I will apply before long.

> Just to clarify: this means that \copy will not work when connected to
> servers older than 8.0, right?

No, "ancient" means "pre-7.3".  Also it's only a problem if you try to
use one of the affected options ("with oids", "using delimiters").
Does not seem like a showstopper objection to me.  OTOH, it's also the
case that all we're saving is a couple dozen lines of code ...

            regards, tom lane