Re: Fix mdsync never-ending loop problem - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Fix mdsync never-ending loop problem
Date
List pgsql-patches
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Here's a fix for the problem that on a busy system, mdsync never
> finishes. See the original problem description on hackers:

This leaks memory, no?  (list_delete_cell only deletes the ListCell.)
But I dislike copying the table entries anyway, see comment on -hackers.

BTW, it's very hard to see what a patch like this is actually changing.
It might be better to submit a version that doesn't reindent the chunks
of code you aren't changing, so as to reduce the visual size of the
diff.  A note to the committer to reindent the whole function is
sufficient (or if he forgets, pg_indent will fix it eventually).

            regards, tom lane