Re: reindexing pg_shdepend - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: reindexing pg_shdepend
Date
List pgsql-general
Joseph S <jks@selectacast.net> writes:
> Me too.  I don't change my db schema that much, but I experience bloat
> in the pg_tables that I don't expect.  For instance pg_opclass needs a
> VACUUM FULL/REINDEX once a week or I notice the indexes are larger than
> the table itself.  Could it be my heavy use of temp tables?

pg_opclass?  That's read-only for most people.  What are you doing with
operator classes?

Heavy use of temp tables would expand pg_class, pg_type, and especially
pg_attribute, but as long as you have a decent vacuuming regimen (do you
use autovac?) they shouldn't get out of hand.

            regards, tom lane