Re: BUG #10680: LDAP bind password leaks to log on failed authentication - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #10680: LDAP bind password leaks to log on failed authentication
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Steven Siebert <smsiebe@gmail.com> writes:
> I haven't heard a anything after my response to Toms email on 12Oct, is
> there anything I can do to move the forward on this?  It's actually fine
> with me if it's preferred to close the issue as won't fixed if the group
> wants to go another direction...

Well, Stephen was proposing that we make it possible to push all secrets
into separate files (one file per secret), which would allow DBAs to
eliminate the problem as long as they were willing to set up such files.
I'm not entirely sold on that reasoning, because I'm doubtful that people
would bother; but if you care to look into what that would involve, it
would help move the discussion forward.

            regards, tom lane