Re: Effects of GUC settings on automatic replans - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Effects of GUC settings on automatic replans
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> sql_inheritance is a little bit
>> bigger deal, but I wonder whether we shouldn't just remove that variable
>> altogether --- it's been default ON since 7.1 and I've not heard anyone
>> complain about that in a long time.

> Let's do a quick survey on a couple mailing lists.

OK, I sent out a note to pgsql-general and pgsql-sql about that.

> For that matter, can anyone think why we'd need a command for the
> superuser to flush all plans in the server?

You mean, not only the current backend but other people's backends?
I can't see any very simple way to do that, and without a pretty
compelling use-case I'm not going to worry about it.

So far nobody's commented on the question of exactly what should be
saved and restored for a cached query's search_path.  I think for the
moment I will go with the save-a-list-of-schema-OIDs approach, since
that seems fairly unlikely to be subvertible by a miscreant user.
We can always change the details later.