Re: local_preload_libraries filenames converted to lowercase - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: local_preload_libraries filenames converted to lowercase
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-testers/2010-06/msg00020.php

OK, I looked at this a bit, and the answer is that load_libraries uses
SplitIdentifierString, ie, it thinks the value of the variable is a list
of comma-separated SQL identifiers.  So if you want a
filename containing upper case, whitespace, or commas, double-quote it.

That might seem a bit bizarre, but because of the special meaning of
commas we'd need some quoting rule anyhow.  I'm not sure it's worth
making local_preload_libraries have its own private parsing convention.
Perhaps this is just a documentation deficiency.

            regards, tom lane